Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Vlans Default action

Hi

I have a 2924 switch with ports configured as access ports. This switch is the terminating point for a series of LMDS radio connections providing in effect a Transparent LAN-LAN connection. The LMDS radio is capable of providing a transparent ethernet connection and will not differentiate between 802.1Q frames or a simple ethernet frame. The 2924 I belive will reject a tagged frame on an access point, is this correct? The switch is connected via a atm interface and the pvc's from the LMDS radio is converted via an RFC 1483 process. Does RFC 1483 (or its replacement) define this process for both tagged and untagged frames?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Vlans Default action

LMDS to concentrate wireless customers. These radio links will be encrypted. I know that these solution is transparent to VLAN The information about 802.1q will be moved through radio links. When ethernet frames on some Ethernet port is received it has to be isolated this traffic by interface VLAN.

Views
Helpful
Replies