Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vlans unable to access internet

hi.,

I have a 3750 switch ,created the vlans and working fine. i have a ISA sever which is in SERVER VLAN.

if i give the default gateway of SERVER VLAN in ISA server the clients can't able to access the internet. but,it is able to access the files in the ISA server.

If i remove the default gateway address of the SERVER VLAN from the ISA server, i am able to access the internet on ISA server.but, the client cann't contact the ISA server b'cause the vlan gateway is taken.

so,i want other vlans to access the internet by using ISA sever.

Plz help me to sort out this issue.Thx in advance....

NOTE:

1. I have SERVER VLAN,VLAN1 and VLAN2. inter vlan is done. i am able to access the servers in SERVER VLAN from other vlan.

2. The ISA server has two NIC cards.one connected to the public network and other to private.and routing is done b'ween the two.

3 REPLIES

Re: Vlans unable to access internet

Could you use a static route to force them to go to the server?

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

HTH

Tony

Hello,

The ISA server is providing a "NAT" or "Proxy" service to the hosts that are to route through it?

Can the ISA server access the Internet?

Are there any logs to review on the ISA server for failed connectivity?

Regards,

James

You need a static route from your ISA server to the SERVER VLAN default gateway for your internal networks. You didn't specify your internal address scheme, but say you are using 192.168.1.0 /24, 192.168.2.0 /24 and 192.168.3.0 /24. Your ISA server is 192.168.1.1 and the default gateway for that VLAN is 192.168.1.254. You would need to add the following routes from your windows command prompt:

route add 192.168.2.0 mask 255.255.254.0 192.168.1.254

If the routes can't be summarized like that you would need a similar line for each network.

Views
Helpful
Replies