Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VlanTrunk between Cat3524 and 3Com3300 ?

I'm trying to get a 3com box to talk to a dot1q trunk on a cat3524. So far I understand that the 3com talks VLT on 3com proprietry trunks only so the 3com manual suggests that to connect to other vendors dot1q trunks I have to set up each of the vlans that we want to use separately on the 3300, making sure that I use the same vlan ids as exist in our main cisco vtp domain. Then I'm told to add all of them to the port on the 3com switch that I want to use as a trunk - as in a multi port. The Cat3524's trunk port that the 3300 is hooked up to looks like this :

Interface FastEthernet0/5

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

I only seem to get connectivity on vlan 1 so I'm assuming that the native vlans aren't mismatched - although I have tried adding the line :

switchport trunk native vlan 1

to the cat's trunk, which made no difference so I wonder if I'm right in presuming that vlan1 is indeed the native vlan ?

I've also tried setting up the cat's trunk as a multi port - however I get a "Command rejected: One or more ports is already configured as a trunk port" message when I type it in configure mode.

Has anyone any experience or tips in trying to get this to work or should I just trade-in my old 3300's?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content