cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMPS question

a99450
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i´am implementing VMPS but i have doubts. I am using 1 cisco 6500 as server and 15 3500XL as clients, the problem is that i don´t know, what is the correct form in order to configurate clients???

currently i have 1 cluster with my switches but i don´t know if the cluster works with VMPS

can you help me???

i have the pdf "Configuring Dynamic Port VLAN Membership with VMPS" but this pdf, only explain the database and basic switch configuration

thanks

2 Replies 2

tsettle
Level 3
Level 3

The 2900/3500xl configuration guide gives an example of how to configure for ports using the cluster naming conventions:

"If the switch is a cluster member, the command switch adds the name of the switch before the Fa. For example, es3%Fa02 refers to fixed 10/100 port 2 on member switch 3. These naming conventions must be used in the VMPS database configuration file when it is configured to support a cluster."

Here's the URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35wc5/scg/swvlan.htm#25000

thanks

the switch 6509 doesn´t belong to the cluster, is independent. the 3500 belong to the cluster. i have the sample vmps configuration, but i need to know how associate all my switches, i´m going to configurate the cisco 6509 as server and all the 3500 as clients.

i want to know how configurate the 3500 in my vmps database?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: