Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

VMPS question

Hi, i´am implementing VMPS but i have doubts. I am using 1 cisco 6500 as server and 15 3500XL as clients, the problem is that i don´t know, what is the correct form in order to configurate clients???

currently i have 1 cluster with my switches but i don´t know if the cluster works with VMPS

can you help me???

i have the pdf "Configuring Dynamic Port VLAN Membership with VMPS" but this pdf, only explain the database and basic switch configuration

thanks

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: VMPS question

The 2900/3500xl configuration guide gives an example of how to configure for ports using the cluster naming conventions:

"If the switch is a cluster member, the command switch adds the name of the switch before the Fa. For example, es3%Fa02 refers to fixed 10/100 port 2 on member switch 3. These naming conventions must be used in the VMPS database configuration file when it is configured to support a cluster."

Here's the URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35wc5/scg/swvlan.htm#25000

Re: VMPS question

thanks

the switch 6509 doesn´t belong to the cluster, is independent. the 3500 belong to the cluster. i have the sample vmps configuration, but i need to know how associate all my switches, i´m going to configurate the cisco 6509 as server and all the 3500 as clients.

i want to know how configurate the 3500 in my vmps database?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content