Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS Pix Firewall Management Center

r.may
Level 1
Level 1

When I open the Pix Firewall Management windows, I get the following error:

The application you are attempting to access has dependency holds in place!

You will not be able to proceed until these holds are lifted. Please try again shortly.

The custom message for this error is:

Error during registerCoreSessionId. Dependencys held preventing context registration.

The held services and their messages are listed below:

Service Identifier: fms Current message: Default FMS message

Service Identifier: daframework Current message: Default DeviceAgent message

Service Identifier: lm Current message: Default LockManager message

I have no idea what this means!!

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Our apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this issue, I must admit I missed it completely until now.

I did a search on the error you're receiving and lo and behold, the first thing it came back with was the case you had opened on this exact issue (D913081). Reading thru the case notes it seems you suspected a problem with the server itself, so hopefully straightening that out resolved this isue.

If you continue to have problems with this installation, please call the TAC 1800 number and you can have your original case re-opened, as it contains all the details you discussed with the previous engineer.

I too have this problem. Is there supposed to be a service named FMS listed in Services? I thought I may have caused this problem by clearing logs on a PIX in Security monitor over and over because they weren't clearing.

How was it resolved for this case?

thanks.