Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Health Monitor 1.1 problem

I have just installed all of the products in the ITEM release on a dedicated server and I am trying to add phones to be managed by VHM. I am running into a problem in that every time I try to add a phone that is registered in Call Manager 3.2.2c, I get a "Failed to create phone object" as the status. It does not seem to matter whether I use a seed file or try to add them one at a time.

I have checked the snmp community strings and they seem to be fine. I have also installed the IP Phone Information add-on and it can see the CallManager and all of the phones just fine. Is there a trick that is not in the documentation? Or have I hit a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: Voice Health Monitor 1.1 problem

If this is happenning for all the IP Phones and you already have tried increasing the SNMP timeout value and CCO Bug Toolkit does not show anything close, then enable the VHM Log Level to Trace and contact TAC.

2 REPLIES
Blue

If this is happenning for all the IP Phones and you already have tried increasing the SNMP timeout value and CCO Bug Toolkit does not show anything close, then enable the VHM Log Level to Trace and contact TAC.

As you suggested, I checked the Bugs list. This problem is identified as ddtsCSCdz38653. It talks about the fact that a .dll file on Call Manager (soapisapi.dll) has the incorrect protection level. Change it to Read & Execute and then phones are able to be added.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content