Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voice Vlan problems on catalyst 3524xl

I have two Catalyst 3524XL switches. One has inline power and the other has no inline power.

I've set the voice VLAN as 101 on both switches but the non powered switch does not see the 101 VLAN.

If I do : sh spanning-tree vlan 101

I get:

Spanning tree 101 is not currently active

No parameters have been configured

can anyone help??

Many Thanks

Gus

3 REPLIES

Re: Voice Vlan problems on catalyst 3524xl

Gus, Did you add the VLAN to the VLAN database in the switch? Are both of your switches part of the same V TP domain? If so, are they both servers? Looks like your second switch never had a vlan 101 configured. Let me know what you find out.

-Bo

Hi,

I'm not using VLAN database. I have a site which is configured the same and it's working fine. They have all Inline powered 3524XL switches. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the non powered switch.

Would you advise using a VTP server??

Thanks

Gus

Gus,

I do not understand how you are not using the VLAN database. In order for a VLAN to be configured on this switch, you must go into the valn database editor:

Command: vlan database

Command: vlan 101 name voice

Command: exit

This will only work if the switch is a VTP server or if your VTP mode is transparent.

Also, is the switch in question a member of a VTP domain? What is its role - Server or client? If he is not the server who is and how is he connected to the server?

-Bo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content