Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

voip qos over frame relay w/multiple pvcs questions

voip qos over frame relay question

How is voice qos configured for frame relay using seperate pvcs for voice and data?

I know how to configure frf.12, traffic shaping, cRTP, and VAD, but how do you specifiy to traffic which pvc to use? Additionally, is it useful to have two seperate pvcs at the remote site if there is only one pvc at the central site? Finally, should you configure two seperate subinterfaces for the each pvc at the remote site, or should all pvcs belong to the same subinterface?

Example below:

Remote site Central Site

serial 1/0:0.1 PVC 1 - data--------64k CIR------

|------------128k CIR------- PVC1 - data and voice

serial 1/0:0.2 PVC 2 - voice-------64k CIR------

Traffic to the remote site

I can see how to direct incoming traffic to the remote site if you assign ip addresses to each subinterface.

Traffic from the remote site

I'm not certain how this is done. What is used as a criteria for sending traffic through one pvc or another? ip precedence? IP RTP? If so, how?

The remote switch is a 4224 running 12.1(5)YE4, so there is no LLQ supported.

2 REPLIES

Re: voip qos over frame relay w/multiple pvcs questions

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Re: voip qos over frame relay w/multiple pvcs questions

route maps

Views
Helpful
Replies