cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP query - Access VLAN shutdown

kpmgnz
Level 1
Level 1

We share meeting rooms with another company, we require the Acess VLAN to be disabled when the room is not being used by a member from our firm, how do I go about doing this?

We still need the Voice VLAN to be active.

Any solutions would be great

We are using 3560's

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

There are a few ways you could do this. The first and most painfull way would be to take the mac-address of the pc's that will use the switch port and only allow them to connect using port-security. You could also use dot1x authentication on the port. Or you could change the access vlan to one that nothing is on when the room is not in use. That way, the phone will still work, but the data will be in a vlan that goes nowhere.

Hope that helps,

LH

Please rate all posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sourabhagarwal
Level 4
Level 4

what I got is that you have PC and phone connected to a port, and you want PC configured for access VLAN should not work while phone in voice VLAN should work. Please let me know if it is correct.

Also can you paste the config you have on the switchport ?

Hi there,

There are a few ways you could do this. The first and most painfull way would be to take the mac-address of the pc's that will use the switch port and only allow them to connect using port-security. You could also use dot1x authentication on the port. Or you could change the access vlan to one that nothing is on when the room is not in use. That way, the phone will still work, but the data will be in a vlan that goes nowhere.

Hope that helps,

LH

Please rate all posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: