cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPDN limitations

rob
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how many VPDN tunnels can terminate on a cisco 2621XM which is acting as a LNS router. I know you can get around 3000 concurrent tunnels on a 7200 but cant find the info for 2600s?

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

There are few data sheets which talk about the number of IPsec tunnels allowed on this router, but I have not come across one for VPDNs. You can check with your local Cisco sales office who may be able to help you.

a.manosca
Level 4
Level 4

It depends on the IDB limit of the the 2600 and IOS version you are running. As per Cisco docs it should be around 300 for Cisco IOS version 11.3 to 12.2 (except 12.2T). With Cisco IOS 12.2T you can have up to 800 sessions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_tech_note09186a0080094322.shtml

But based on what I've seen with some of our clients' LNS, the maximum number of sessions is sometimes affected by other processes the router is running. Watch out for the CPU process if you already have many users connected. I have seen tunnels being dropped if the CPU process reaches 100%.

Hope this helps.