Cisco Support Community
Community Member

VPDN PPPoE dialer interface with dialer-group

I use a configuration like this, ,

and I´ve the problem that the dialer-group command doesn´t work, because the VPDN session activates the connection and binds it to an dialer with the same dialer pool.

It seems that the dialer-group command doesn´t work with it. Some weeks ago I opened a case and I´ve got the answer that IOS doesn´t support that now. But now, I found this config in the public site. Is this config wrong or could it be, that it works with other router types or some new IOS releases. If so, which IOS release can I use if I need the dialer-group command in combination with an VPDN interface. (now C4500 with IOS c4500-is-mz.122-2.T4). Can someone help me?

Cisco Employee

Re: VPDN PPPoE dialer interface with dialer-group

The config described in that url works fine..You don't need that "dialer-group "command under the dialer interface..Its not used for anything..But its not going to disturb anything...Now i have tested with the c4500-is-mz.122-2.T4 on 4500 router and i can enter that "dialer-group 1" command just fine..Need to know exactly what is not working with "dialer-group 1" command . You are not able to enter it in the config or router displays some error..??? And also need to know why you want to use it...

Here is my 4500 with version and partial config

Router#sh ver

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) 4500 Software (C4500-IS-M), Version 12.2(2)T4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

vpdn-group pppoe

protocol pppoe

interface Ethernet3

no ip address

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

media-type 10BaseT

pppoe enable

pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

interface Dialer1

ip address negotiated

ip mtu 1492

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer-group 1

ppp authentication chap callin

ppp chap hostname abcd

ppp chap password 7 0005110500

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

Community Member

Re: VPDN PPPoE dialer interface with dialer-group

Sorry, but that isn´t right. I need the "dialer-group 1" command, because the DSL connection in Germany is used as a dialin connection. So I´ll sell the connection time (online time). It´s right that the configuration works fine, because i used it since some weeks, but I must aktivate and deactivate the connection over the configuration like http or telnet. But I think I can also do it like engineer from the case, he sad "Cut the connection to the DSL modem".

CreatePlease to create content