Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

vpn on cisco asa

Hi all, can anyone tell me when we use the wizard on the cisco asa to create a vpn tunnel, does it automatically add a nat0 statement so it no nats the given networks, and also does it do a seperate access list for the encrypted traffic, if i go onto the access lists on the firewall, should they show here, or would they show on the acl manager under site to site vpn ?

1 REPLY

Re: vpn on cisco asa

Hi, I am not sure of the specific answer to your question, but in ASDM under options tab>preferences>General tab is a check box - "Preview commands before sending them to the device". Check this check box and every time you hit apply it will show you a screen with the commands that it is going to send to the ASA and give you the option of sending them or not.

Give a man a fish.......

Teach a man to fish.......

I believe it does do a separate access list to define the interesting traffic for the VPN. I think it automatically adds the nat0 statement. I would check by looking at the config. You may need to add more nat0 commands if your VPN users are supposed to access the DMZ.

Brian ": )

Views
Helpful
Replies