cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Router

mis
Level 1
Level 1

I will like to seek advise on which Cisco product should I use in order to link 2 LAN from 2 different countries. The user in country A LAN will be able to access country B LAN (HQ) to access the data as if they are in the country B LAN user. Leased line will be use but which Cisco product should I use with security feature. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jason

2 Replies 2

mark-stanley
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to decide what security you want, as using a lease line not necessary to use VPN functionality. Just need security in place between the 2 lans, which can be done by ACL's depending how secure you want the 2 networks otherwise use a router with the firewall feature set. the type of router will depend on how much traffic is going to pass through the 2 networks and the size of lease line pipe you have ordered.

Thanks for your prompt advise.

The leased line intend to use in the initial state is 256Kbps and it may later upgrade to higher speed.

Cost saving is one of the main concern and using VPN router may help to minimize the expenses as what i thought (Correct me if I'm wrong). The security is also the main concern and the transmission for the 2 LANs will be mostly on accounts , email and fax database.

The scenario of the WAN setup will be user in country B LAN (HQ)is accessing the server ( file, fax & email) directly as the servers are setup with them in the same office.

User in country A LAN (subsidery) will have a server too for them to save their data. Subsidery user will have to access HQ server for accounts, email and fax database. Subsidery user accessing HQ database will have to enter password for respective database for security purpose before they can access. Also, when they access the database, the speed will be as though they are in the HQ. HQ user will be able to access subsidery server database too.

Thanks in advance.....

Regards,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: