cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN routing and WINS

catrick31
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed a Cisco 1720 VPN router with image 12.2 to allow ipsec. I'm using NAT on the router for security. I currently have one remote user that is getting access by using Cisco's VPN client software. Once he logs in he can ping the local servers and gain access to folders by IP. The problem is that he is unable to browse through network neighborhood. He can ping the WINS server without a problem. Do I need to use NAT to assign a public address to the WINS server and he can use that ip as his WINS address remotely?? I'm not very familiar with this model router and this is my first time using Cisco's VPN client. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!!

CC

1 Reply 1

jduffek
Level 1
Level 1

Are you giving that client the wins server information? Look here for a sample config:

Configuring IPSec Between Two Routers and a Cisco VPN Client 3.x

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/ipsecrouter_vpn.html

You might have to put a static nat translation in for the user, I'm not sure though.

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: