cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vpn's

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi there, when setting up a vpn, does this have to be done on the internet router ? i.e edge router , can it not be done on an internal router ?

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

As long as you have the reachability to the internal routers ip from the outside world you can termintate the IPSEC session on that router(i.e., you can have the end to end tunnel created from the interal router).

regds

can you possibly tell me how I would do this, my ip is given by my isp dynamically, i only want to connect by vpn out of my building !!

hi Carl

I remember that i have replied to your other query which is very much inline with this one.

I did post out a link where you got the sample config discussing static ip on a router on central location and dynamic ip address on the remote location.

The only difference would be on the peer defining statement on the central location where you need to mention up 0.0.0.0 instead of setting any peer ip coz you may not be knowing the dynamic ip being assigned to the remote locations router.

But in the remote locations router you can very well feed up the peer ip as your central location routers ip since its a static one and not gonna change.

I would suggest to check your earlier post may be posted out possibly on ydy to have more indepth view on the config scenario..

regds