cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VTP Configuration Revision Number

jjldde
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know if we can set an specific number for the VTP Configuration Number.

Any undocumented command ?

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

not that I know of , it starts at 0 and then increments by 1 everytime it gets changed. Why would you need to put a specific revision number in ?

Thanks for your time, I am teching BCMSN and an student mentioned it could be done but he did not remember how to do it, and I want to confirm that the only way to modify such a value is changing to Transparent or reconfiguring the domain.

in regards to the changing of the mode to transparent, what i meant was change it to transparent mode to get it to zero, then change it back to the original vtp domain name. that will do the trick.

rolf.fischer_2
Level 1
Level 1

You can reset it to zero by changing the vtp domain name. Like Glen said, it increases by changing then vlan database. As far as I know you can't set a specific value, but you can do it step-by-step by adding/deleting vlans until you have the value you wanted.

More info:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/vtp_flash/

frenzeus
Level 4
Level 4

well, to add in to the changing of vtp domain name method, u can change the mode to transparent to get the config rev. back to zero.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: