cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC and data T1s.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Trying to configure a 3600 with NM-1E-2W network module. This network module has two VWICS inserted in each wan slot. Both VWICs are VWIC-2MFT-T1s.

So altogether I have 4 T1s for data.

The issue is with configuring the "channel-group" command on the controllers. If the controllers are labelled 0,1,2 and 3, the command is available for configuration under controller 0 and 2 but not on 1 and 3.

Note that controllers 0 and 1 are on the First VWIC while controllers 2 and 3 are on the second VWIC.

Is this a limitation on the use of VWICs for Data circuits (only one data port supported per VWIC)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I guess the reason for the above is becaues the network module is a NM-1E-2W and not a NM-1FE-2W.

the 1E-2W is only 10 mbps NM, and it has limited support for VWICs. The 1FE-2W should be supporting all 4 ports on the VWIC for data.

Please add in your comments if any body has expereienced anything like this before.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

We have experienced clocking issues..when trying to support 2-data T1s with the VWIC.. I think this module was designed with IP telephony in mind..where 1-port (on the 2-pt VWIC MFT) would interface to PBX (external clock source) the other to PRI.

Secondly, I agree...when trying to support 4-ports, ie WIC-2T, you would need to go with the NM-1FE2W tray.

Can you give me some more detail on what king of clocking issues you had. Was it resolved ? or did you have to use a WIC-1DSU-T1 ??. VWICs are primarily aimed for voice, and not data. Because of which, they support only one port to be configured as data (other has to be a voice port) on a NM-HDV, the High density Voice module.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: