Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VWIC E1 configuration question

Hi,

I am trying to configure the E1 controller interface for a VWIC card to use G703. My lack of experience is proving a problem. Particularly surrounding the channel-group command.

The 26xx chassis currently has a working E1 VWIC installed and is showing up as channelised E1 and "unframed" . I want to replicate its settings for the new card.

I have set the following:

- clock source as line

- line code as hdb3

- line-termination. Im guessing the default 120-ohm is ok, should I check this with our supplier of the link?

My question is:

1. When I attempt the "channel-group 0 unframed" command I get a syntax error highlighting the "u" of unframed. I am in the controller interface configuration menu. Why is this? Do i need to learn something about timeslots, and configure them?

Thanks for any help,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: VWIC E1 configuration question

Some WICs don't provide unframed service. What are types of your WICs? (Old one supporting unframed and the new one not supporting unframed operation).

Can you give sh ver and sh diag outputs?

Regardds.

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hello Simon,

not sure where the option 'unframed' comes from, the usual configuration for the E1 controller would be:

controller E1 0

framing crc4

clock source line

linecode hdb3

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

Can you try these settings and see if it works ?

Regards,

GP

From what I have read on the Cisco site, "unframed" is a required command to enable G.703 on the controller. I guess its related to G703 sizes being oversized for normal frames(?).

I tried your settings, and they appear to work, but that is for traditional non G703 traffic I think.

Looking at the VWIC that is alredy working with G703 - in the same router, it is set to unframed - so I know its possible. I just cant figure out how to make the VWIC unframed.

Thanks for the help

GP

Some WICs don't provide unframed service. What are types of your WICs? (Old one supporting unframed and the new one not supporting unframed operation).

Can you give sh ver and sh diag outputs?

Regardds.

Great tip. I never thought of a show diag. The new card installed in the router is, as you said, not G703..its a plain E1 card. I had just assumed wrongly that it was an E1 G703 card all along.

Moral of the story, when a colleague says he has bought and inserted an E1 G703 card, think to double check.!

Thank you for your thoughts.

Rgds

Simon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content