Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAN -- HDLC & PPP

Hi, There is simple troubleshooting doubht. HOpe you guys would have crossed this problem and can help me out.

We have two different providers for point to point link. we are using PPP encapsulation, E1 link (1984Kbps - BW). When we connect provider A to the v.35 serial interface, no error found. When we connect provider B, getting lots of CRC & Input errors.

If we use HDLC as encapsulation, there is no error found on both providers on the existing media.

Very badly we wanna use PPP. How to overcome this issue, where cud be the problem & wat cud be the issue.

Suspecting provider B's Multiplexer, but cudn't defend on that. Can anyone help me to resolve my issue.

Immediate response is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Chitra S.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: WAN -- HDLC & PPP

Hi,

It's due to bad physical layer. But i don't think you get errors stopped by just changing the encapsulation. Have you done any extra PPP conf?

First, change your V.35 cable and observe. If not solved, then ask your provider to show you that the link is error free from end to end.

Regards...

Ashok.

With best regards... Ashok ----------- Pls kindly rate if helpful or answered your question.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content