Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN link down!

d_j_o_e
Level 1
Level 1

Help!

I have 2600 connected via individual serial links to 3 1600's. They all hook into ADTRANS. They upped the bandwith to 6 channels. Now all my links are down.

None of the routers have a clockrate configured to begin with that I could see on a sho run. All routers have DTE cables connected to them. What can I do to get the links back up?

Thanks a bazillion

David

5 Replies 5

michael-faust
Level 1
Level 1

Did you reconfigure your CSU/DSUs?

Mike, thanks for th reply.

No I did not. I have never done that. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

vanwijk
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe you should configure a clockrate. In my opinion....your provider should provide the clocking and if not then you should configure a clockrate.

Edwin

I have seen some Adtran boxes that require the user to put in the amount of channels. you are receiving. You might want to try that.

Configuring the CSU/DSUs will fix it. Increasing the speed on a fractional T1 means adding DS0s to the link. Get out the user's guide and look up the configuration parameters. The one that addresses howmany DS0s you have assigned is where you need to look. Assuming that they didn't change anything else, changing that one setting will fix you up.

Naturally, you need to change the setting on all CSU/DSUs at all ends of the WAN. If you have a literate person at the remote sites, you can probably walk someone through changing the parameters if you have the same model CSU/DSU at all locations.