Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

WAN LINKS

Can anyone tell me what most people are using nowadays to connect there WANS, i.e what encapsulation is most popular ?

1 REPLY

Re: WAN LINKS

hi

it basically depends on the service requirement and also proportional to traffic or the size of the lan which you have in locations.

In my SP environments its mostly the E1 links which gets connected to the CE.

May be the other variant whichs T1 being used in NA and some other geographical locations.

As far as encapsulation is concerned its better to leave as it to default which HDLC untill unless if you are conencting to a non-cisco device wherein you need PPP to be coded in there.

ppp you can have if you want to have a multilink bundle which is logically bundling 2 physical interface and make use of the resultant value of the b/w of those physical interfaces(easy way to have load balancing but difficult to manage or monitor the physical links coz the ip reachability will be only for the multilink interface and not to the physical interface)

if its a small group of organisation and their work basically doesnt require all the 24Hrs connectivity they can very well opt for ISDN too..

Peopl who have enough requirements and who all are very much reduandant concerned they have both flavours like E1 or T1 as their primary and ISDN as their backup.

If you take a SP to SP scenario for uplink interconnectivity purpose they talk in OC-3 ,OC-12 or even OC-48..

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content