Views
Helpful
Replies

Wap 321 Wireless Clients Cant connect

erenbuyru92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have 3 WAP321 Wireless Access Points in my system, my problem is they work fine for couple of days and after few days clients see the SSIDs the APs broadcasting however none of the client are connecting to the APs. Sometimes one of the APs work and the other has this problem, so they don't stop working all at once.

I have 6 VLANS in my system, and each AP is broadcasting 2 SSIDs for 2 different VLANS. 

I have my APs on the VLAN70 and each AP is broadcasting different VLANS;

AP1 has one SSID for VLAN10 and another one for VLAN20

AP2 has  one SSID for VLAN30 and another one for VLAN40

it goes like this. I am using a Cisco SF300-24P PoE managed switch. My DHCP is also the switch. 

I configured the WAP321's ip addresses manually so they are not using the DHCP on the switch.

The only solution I found is unplugging the AP and then replugging it resolves the connection issue.

How can I solve this issue permanently?

Thank you for your help

2 Replies 2

branden.ollhoff
Level 1
Level 1

I also have an issue with my WAP321. I was able to deal with power cycling the device ever week or so, but now I'm fed up. Now that I'm hearing more people have the same issue I need help with correcting the issue once and for all.

Tried different data rates, different channels, b/g/n, a/n, 2.5Ghz, 5Ghz. I've upgraded and downgraded the firmware and haven't found one that doesn't have this issue.

I'm more than willing to try different things to troubleshoot but my wife isn't as forgiving when something doesn't work the way it should.

Any help is appreciated.

~Branden

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11836071/wap321-wireless-n-access-point-connecting-problems