cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Warm-reset

agustinmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a Cisco Catalyst 3550 switch and this switch is reboot for warm-reset. Could say me someone that is warm-reset?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mishra.rahul
Level 1
Level 1

The Warm Reload feature allows users to reload their routers without reading images from storage. That is, the Cisco IOS image reboots without ROM monitor mode (ROMMON) intervention by restoring the read-write data from a previously saved copy in the RAM and by starting execution without either copying the image from flash to RAM or self-decompression of the image. Thus, the overall availability of your system improves because the time to reboot your router is significantly reduced.

Check link for more Info and Commands for warm reloading Cisco Devices

http://www.technicafe.net/2012/05/warm-reload-reboot-your-cisco-router.html

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

If you issue "reload" from the CLI for instance, that is considered to be a warm-reset.

Thank you for all.

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Friend,

If you reload the switch via software (IOS) using commands it is considered as warm reset and incase you just take out the power cord or something related it is considered as cold reset or cold restart.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

jarathbu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As an analogy, summing up the previous posts.

From a windows PC - if you Ctrl-Alt-Del -> restart that is a warm reset. If you pull the power cord or turn of the PC that is a cold reset.

Regards,

James

Thank you for all.

Thanks for taking it as a genuine answer, Actually I worte this topic on my blog.

Regards

Rahul Mishra

{edited due to misunderstanding, my apologies]

Thanks alot for Understading

Regar

Rahul Mishra

No problem at all. I've edited my post above, and you can do the same, or even delete if you deem appropriate.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

mishra.rahul
Level 1
Level 1

The Warm Reload feature allows users to reload their routers without reading images from storage. That is, the Cisco IOS image reboots without ROM monitor mode (ROMMON) intervention by restoring the read-write data from a previously saved copy in the RAM and by starting execution without either copying the image from flash to RAM or self-decompression of the image. Thus, the overall availability of your system improves because the time to reboot your router is significantly reduced.

Check link for more Info and Commands for warm reloading Cisco Devices

http://www.technicafe.net/2012/05/warm-reload-reboot-your-cisco-router.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: