Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Warm-reset

Hello, I have a Cisco Catalyst 3550 switch and this switch is reboot for warm-reset. Could say me someone that is warm-reset?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Warm-reset

The Warm Reload feature allows users to reload their routers without reading images from storage. That is, the Cisco IOS image reboots without ROM monitor mode (ROMMON) intervention by restoring the read-write data from a previously saved copy in the RAM and by starting execution without either copying the image from flash to RAM or self-decompression of the image. Thus, the overall availability of your system improves because the time to reboot your router is significantly reduced.

Check link for more Info and Commands for warm reloading Cisco Devices

http://www.technicafe.net/2012/05/warm-reload-reboot-your-cisco-router.html

10 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Warm-reset

If you issue "reload" from the CLI for instance, that is considered to be a warm-reset.

Thank you for all.

Hi Friend,

If you reload the switch via software (IOS) using commands it is considered as warm reset and incase you just take out the power cord or something related it is considered as cold reset or cold restart.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Hello,

As an analogy, summing up the previous posts.

From a windows PC - if you Ctrl-Alt-Del -> restart that is a warm reset. If you pull the power cord or turn of the PC that is a cold reset.

Regards,

James

Thank you for all.

Thanks for taking it as a genuine answer, Actually I worte this topic on my blog.

Regards

Rahul Mishra

Hall of Fame Super Gold

{edited due to misunderstanding, my apologies]

Thanks alot for Understading

Regar

Rahul Mishra

Hall of Fame Super Gold

No problem at all. I've edited my post above, and you can do the same, or even delete if you deem appropriate.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Warm-reset

The Warm Reload feature allows users to reload their routers without reading images from storage. That is, the Cisco IOS image reboots without ROM monitor mode (ROMMON) intervention by restoring the read-write data from a previously saved copy in the RAM and by starting execution without either copying the image from flash to RAM or self-decompression of the image. Thus, the overall availability of your system improves because the time to reboot your router is significantly reduced.

Check link for more Info and Commands for warm reloading Cisco Devices

http://www.technicafe.net/2012/05/warm-reload-reboot-your-cisco-router.html

Views
Helpful
Replies