Weird Problem with LS1010 ATM switch and 2 routers on each side
I have a TAC case open with this, but I wanted to see if I could get some ideas from anyone here. All documented configuration is v. simple and straightforward, but something is amiss. Any pointers, advice would be great:
Here's a diagram of what we have set up. Very simple setup we have:
- When the routers are terminated with a physical loopback they ping their own ATM ints just fine.
- All interfaces on the routers have been in production in recent past.
- 3600 interface stopped flapping when we extended its cable.
- Routers can ping their own ATM ints also when they are plugged into LS1010 AND the other LS1010 interface it is mapped to is plugged into itself with at physical loopback.
- 3600 can ping its own ATM int even when it is plugged into LS1010 AND 7500 is plugged into other LS1010 interface to which its mapped
- Also, on the LS1010, when we do a "ping atm interface atm0/0/1 3 50 end-loopback" command it works fine (this is with a normal setup like i just mentioned above), but the same "ping atm" command mapping to the 7500's interface and pvc does not work because we can't run OAM-PVC MANAGE on the 7500 sub-int without it bringing down the interface??
- Throughout this process we have occasionally been able to get pings through from the 3600 atm int to the 7500 atm int.
- We've tried many debugs, and one common debug message on pings is "encapsulation failed", but we have aal5snap defined on both ends of the PVC
- I know we don't need ILMI on a PVC, but it helps for debugging
- Both atm interfaces on the routers are set to CLOCKING=LINE, and the LS1010 is set to "Current clock source:System clock, priority:1"
Re: Weird Problem with LS1010 ATM switch and 2 routers on each s
Thanks for the OAM-manage tip Ulrich. You are 100% correct. Actually we solved the problem by putting "atm scrambling cell-payload" on both LS1010 interfaces and both router interfaces, and circuit came up. However,
I still have one note and question though. Even though we can ping ip across the pvc in both directions now, on the LS1010, the "PING atm int atm 0/0/0 3 40 end-loopback" command does not work, however the same command for the 3600 does work, and they now have identical PVC 3/x configs. Any thoughts on that?
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...