Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

What are the exact steps to import the topology from campus man into visio?

In campus manager, topology services, when I export the selected devices it creates a .txt file with data on the devices and links.

When importing into visio, file, open, choose the *.txt file, it gives an error.

What are the exact steps to import into visio? Help doc? URL?

4 REPLIES
Blue

Re: What are the exact steps to import the topology from campus

- It is recommended that you do not export an entire topology map to Visio. Instead, select and export particular devices or a

segment of the network.

- After selecting Export to Visio, be sure to enter a filename in the Export to Visio dialog box for the file Visio will generate.

- Before opening a topology map exported to Visio, you need to download the cm_cisco.vss file and place it in the Visio/Solutions

directory. To download the cm_cisco.vss file:

a) From a network topology view, select File -> Download Visio

Stencil.

b) Navigate to a directory where you want to save the file. Do not

change the default filename.

c) Click Save.

- When opening a topology map exported to Visio, select the comma (,) as the delimiter to use.

Refer to on-line help for more details.

that´s all right, but when i open the .vss in visio, then the output is very curious. for example: the lines and devices are anyplace. has anybody similar problems ??? or is it NO problem to export from campusmanager to visio. i will to despair !

thanks for response

Adi

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Same good news?

Thanks

Andrea

Views
Helpful
Replies