Views
Helpful
Replies

What features are in what IOS license

webbcorey
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please help with a comprhensive list of what

commands/features are in what IOS license (IP base K9, UCK9, SecurityK9, DATAK9)?

Thank you,

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

webbcorey wrote:

Can someone please help with a comprhensive list of what

commands/features are in what IOS license (IP base K9, UCK9, SecurityK9, DATAK9)?

Thank you,

This is exactly what Feature Navigator does -

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

with the above you can compare images, get a list of features per image etc. Have a look at it as it is fairly self explanatory and come back if you have any further questions.

Jon

There is only one IOS image with the 2nd gen ISRs

I am interested in what features are included in what licenses

I do not need to compare IOS images I need to know what features are in what licences.

This is a issue with IOS 15 and 2nd gen ISRs

I suspect you have not dealt with this issue.

Any other answers?

webbcorey wrote:

There is only one IOS image with the 2nd gen ISRs

I am interested in what features are included in what licenses

I do not need to compare IOS images I need to know what features are in what licences.

This is a issue with IOS 15 and 2nd gen ISRs

I suspect you have not dealt with this issue.

Any other answers?

And with the greatest respect i suspect i have. I gave you the link to Feature Navigator so you could do the investigation yourself and if you didn't already know about it you could get familiar with a very useful tool. But apparently you already know this is not going to solve your issue which is a bit weird considering the attached screenshots. Note i have only attached 2 of the screenshots but these show that -

1) you can compare images which may mean the same image with a different feature set/licence including IOS 15 with ISRs

2) you get a list of features unique to each image and a list of features common to both images

Perhaps you just couldn't be bothered working it out for yourself

Edit - just to clarify i used the "Compare images" option in Feature Navigator to get the output it shows in the screenshots. There is nothing to stop you choosing the same major/minor release when you compare and then simply select a different Feature Set/License for each release.

Jon

Dear all ,,

i  have this IOS for 3560 switch

( c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.150-1.SE1.bin )

and i want to know all the features it includes ,, i used the cisco feature navigator tool through this link (

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/Dispatch?act=rlsSelect&task=search&searchby=image

) but this tool canont find the features , it shows this message

The Image Name you entered does not match any supported Cisco software releases in this tool.

any one have an idea about how to know know the features of this IOS .?

you will need to browse by software, then by platform. Then you can select ip service for cat3560

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: