cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

What IOS do I need to upgrade to for Vulnerability

I have a 3640 router running 12.0(7)XK2

I am having difficulty obtaining information as to what IOS I can go to in order to patch Cisco latest vulnerability. Any assistance with this would be great.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES

Re: What IOS do I need to upgrade to for Vulnerability

Hi rich,

You must be a bit more specific about what should be fixed (in your opinion).

But this is not all: It is more than likely that an upgrade to a more recent IOS will require a substantial upgrade of your flash and RAM memories costing substantial $$$. To determine if this is indeed required and to know what we are talking about, the output of the "sh ver" command would make things a lot clearer.

The bottom line of this story might very well be that you are simply cheaper off when you buy yourself a new router.

Regards,

Leo

Thank you for your response. Flash and memory are my primary concern in updating the IOS. Just cant seem to find any documentation on what I need. I have attached a txt file with show version stats. Thanks again in advance for your assistance! Here is the info to the fix I was referring to:

The networking giant on Wednesday released an update to fix a serious so-called heap-overflow vulnerability in its Internetwork Operating System, or IOS. This type of security flaw is commonly found in software and often allows a remote attacker to gain control of the affected system.

Sorry, here is the attachment, forgot it in last post.

Purple

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content