Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What Next?

Here is the situation:

Addresses 192.168.0.x , 161.33.128.x ,and firewall with NAT that supplies another building. As I came here the 192 and 161 subnets were NOT on the T-1 at all. Installed a simple linksys router/switch combo for each subnet address range and then designated a static IP in the linksys setup. Setup the 192 and 161 based systems to use the router as their gateway address and DNS as the DNS servers of T-1 provider.

It works.. yes.. But I want a BETTER solution. Keep in mind these people were ON DIALUP prior to me arriving(the 192 and 161 based machines).Plans are for another building to be patched into the works. The IP addresses must stay the same on the 192 and 161 nets because of an ancient AS/400 server and the info it holds.

All feedback appreciated, as this is really nagging me at this point.

1 REPLY

Re: What Next?

Hi,

What are your options for equipment? This is really a more lenghty type of a solution and you can feel free to zap me off line. One thing you should look into is VLANs this will help keep them seperate and if needed you can route in between. But there are some many ways to do this, it just depends on money, time, etc. etc.

Regards,

Corey

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content