Views
Helpful
Replies

What's wrong with PBR???

almetcousins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to make a simple PBR but it just don't seem to work. Let me brief you... I have router with a default route to another router connected to the internet, however i want that one host (192.168.127.2) jump to other router (think it like a rudimentary load-balance). But it just dont work... this is part of the conf:

interface FastEthernet8/0/0

+++ EXIT INTERFACE +++

ip address 10.0.100.1 255.255.255.0

full-duplex

no ipv6 mfib fast

mls rp vtp-domain xxxx

mls rp vlan-id 7

mls rp management-interface

mls rp ip

interface FastEthernet8/1/0

no ip address

full-duplex

no ipv6 mfib fast

!

interface FastEthernet8/1/0.110

+++ IN INTERFACE +++

encapsulation isl 110

ip address 192.168.127.1 255.255.255.0

ip policy route-map test

no ip redirects

ipv6 address xxxxxxxxx

ipv6 enable

ipv6 nat

access-list 1 permit 192.168.127.2 log

route-map test permit 10

match ip address 1

set ip default next-hop 10.0.100.2

I even remove the defaul route just to see what'd happend with no positive results.... I highly appreciate your help

6 Replies 6

prafuljaded
Level 3
Level 3

Can you replace the "set ip default next-hop 10.0.100.2 " with "set ip next-hop 10.0.100.2 " and check it.

Actually I got to find information about this. It turns out that when CEF or dCEF is enable it just rule out PBR, in the moment I enter "no ip cef" PBR start working. I currently have IOS 12.3T2 ENTERPRISE for the 7513. Does any one know what IOS can I use to succesfully run PBR and CEF???

TIA

Sounds like a bug, as I believe PBR has been CEF-capable for a good while now. Have you contacted TAC about this?

You are righ baranski it is a bug. Check bug # CSCdy06253. But it is supposed to be fixed however i recently upgrade to IOS 12.3(2)T2 in my 7513 and still. This is giving me a lot of headache because there are some features that require CEF (NBAR and such) but i also need PBR. Any more feedback on this issue will be thank.

Is there a reason why you're using a bleeding-edge IOS version? Generally the newest T train releases are best avoided unless there are specific features that you need that can only be found in those versions.

So the best solution may be downgrading to a version that's known to be more stable. TAC may be able to give advice on which version to go to.

Change your set command to the itnerface you want it to go out.

set interface fa8/0/0

Or just set it next hop

set ip next-hop x.x.x.x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: