Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Where do I start?

We are building a WAN with aprox. 124 sites and 350 concurrent users running off of a Citrix farm.

The total bandwidth is 10Gb (CIR 5Gb). The largest connection is 128Kb (CIR 64Kb).

We have had various recommendations made for equipment (1720 or 1750 routers at the remote sites and a 3524 XL at the head end).

I would like to readup on routing and switching. Any suggestions??

2 REPLIES

Re: Where do I start?

I hope you meant to say "10Megabits" and not "10 Gigabit"...that would cost you a pretty penny! :)

Otherwise with a 10Mb pipe at your HQ (5 Mb CIR) you should have plenty of bandwidth for 124 sites.

The 1750 would be a great router for the remote locations, but for your HQ, depending if you have multiple T-1s coming in, or if it's a 10Mb pipe coming in to a HSSI port, I would go with at least a 3640.(a small 7200 would be even nicer!) The 3524 is actually a 24 ports switch, not a router). I've built a few similar WAN infrastructure with lots of remote locations connecting to Citrix farms, it works quite well.

Good luck!

Re: Where do I start?

Your right, Mb not Gb.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content