Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Where/how to use IP ROUTE <net_add> <mask> <gate> on switch or MSFC

Hi there,

I am a bit confused. We have 2 x 6509 switches with MSFC's. I need to route data from one network to another but not to/from all vlans just the ones that host the pc's that send specific data destined for another LAN. Do I add these static connected routes on all the switches that are part of the hops to and from the other network(under the ip settings) or from within the MSFC's. Also, what are the commands to use to add these ip routes...and do I need to be in 'configure network' mode? I understand the concepts but don't know all the syntax, so I would like to be babied with this one(that I believe is quite easy, when you know what your doing!!)

Thanks all...

3 REPLIES

Re: Where/how to use IP ROUTE <net_add> <mask> <gate> on switch

Global config on the MSFC

ip route

Thanks. I know the command is ip route, but do I do it in conf t mode? If not where would I do this. Thanks

Fernando,

I would put all the static routes in all of the MSFC's so that they match exactly. You will have to be in configuration mode to do this..conf t.

Views
Helpful
Replies