Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Which are the cheaper ways to manage Cisco switches in HP OV platform ?

Hello,

I have HP OV 6.1 for Win2K and I want to manage 2950 switches from this platform. I want to avoid buying the RWAN or LMS solution, just only to integrate the Cisco functionalitys in the HP.

Do you know which choices i have to do that ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Anacelia

4 REPLIES

Re: Which are the cheaper ways to manage Cisco switches in HP OV

You are comparing ables and bananas.

OV NNM is a monitoring application whereas LMS or RWAN are for management.

You can't add the functionality of LMS or RWAN to NNM. NNM can do discovery, handle traps and poll MIB values (basically). You can use the Cisco integration module to add those MIB's, configure the trap handling and add Cisco symbols used in the NNM maps.

Blue

You can download the Integration Utility + HPOV Adapter from CCO which will allow you to load all the icons, bitmapsm traps, mibs into HPOV map and if CW2000 is installed, will add menu options to HPOV to launch Cisco View.

yes, I was thinking about the Integration Utility + HPOV Adapter but in the readme file said that the integration utility require the CW2K installed in a remote server, so as to obtain CW2K I have to buy RWAN or LMS, isn't it ?

Please confirm this, because I'm not so sure.

Thanks a lot !

Regards, Anacelia

Hi,

It depends on what you want. You can load Cisco MIBs in NNM so that you can process Cisco specific traps or poll Cisco MIB variables, e.g. avgBusy5.

But if you look for things like Firmware distribution, syslog management, user/path tracking, etc. you need CW2K.

Cheers

Georg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content