cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which IOS version support leap-map under EIGRP stub ?

henrybb
Level 1
Level 1

I read description of leap-map under EIGRP stub on latest PACKET magazine.

But I can't find any information about that which IOS version support it.

any comments is appreciated!

9 Replies 9

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

This command was introduced in IOS version 12.3(14)T.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

thanks.

Why can't I find it on cisco Feature Navigator or IOS command tool? And I can't find it on 12.3T command reference on http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tip2r/ip2_c1gt.htm#wp1124273.

Can u give me URL ?

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hirp_r/rte_eih.htm

Paresh

thanks.

Maybe I didn't express exactly. I need "eigrp stub ... leak-map " and not "ip summary ... leak-map "

I can't find information on URL which you provided.

My apologies for that... I believe that feature is in the pipeline and has not been released yet.

Paresh

anyway,thanks!

Hey Henry,

Guess what.. I've got an 1841 running 12.4(2)T1 that actually supports it ! Also, I've got a 2651XM running 12.3(14)T4 that also supports it.

So my guess is that the feature has mysteriously appeared in the 12.3T/12.4T trains without any fanfare from Cisco.

Paresh

Paresh,

Actually, that feature has been integrated into the IOS. I don't know when it was introduced. But my lab router is running 12.4(5a) and does support 'eigrp stub leak-map'.

R6(config)#router eigrp 1

R6(config-router)#eigrp stub ?

connected Do advertise connected routes

leak-map Allow dynamic prefixes based on the leak-map

receive-only Set IP-EIGRP as receive only neighbor

redistributed Do advertise redistributed routes

static Do advertise static routes

summary Do advertise summary routes

As long as you understand the application of leak-map the same theory needs to be applied in a stub setup where a more specific route can be leaked when the stub router summarizes the routes.

Hope that helps.

--Sundar

henrybb
Level 1
Level 1

thanks

I'm in doubt that why cisco didn't mention it on document . I can't use it on my production enviorment until it appear on cisco offical document.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: