cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which is better for FR-on star topology- EIgrp or OSPF?

rnavada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am evaluating a network running frame relay running on star topology and currently running EIGRP. customer wants to move to OSPF , while i feel that EIGRP is better for its speed and convergence.Is there any document which details the comparisons between the two for FR? also is there any other doc. which talks about migrating a current FR on EIGRP to ospf ?

Thanks

Ravi.

3 Replies 3

scarothe
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings:

How many routers?

Thanks...Steve

Thanks for the query,

The central site consits of a 7513 router connecting to 23 remote locations ( 26xx series).

Details of the central site are:

The central 7513 connects to a pix failover setup which inturn connects to a border router (3640).

The border router (3640) connects to two different networks , one running on OSPF and the other running IGRP. The border router "talks " to the remote routers via static routes, ( total of 23 .-one route for each remote location). thro the 7513. with the PIX perspective 7513 is the Inside and border router is on the outside.

The border router , PIX and the 7513 are all connected in the same LAN.

Tried to be coherent...for further specifics pls. reply.

Thanks

Ravi

In your case, OSPF and EIGRP are both ok for you. In ospf, you can set each remote location as totally stub area. In EIGRP, you can do manual summary. But for Cisco Router, maybe the best is EIGRP.

Note: I am looking for a network job and cannot practice, so please let me know if I am wrong.