cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why CiscoWorks 2000 can not recognize Catalyst 2950, 3550?

s-hu
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customer who are using Ciscoworks 2000 to manage the network equipment, recently some Catalyst 2950 and 3550 series switches have been installed. After adding the device package to Ciscoworks 2000, the CW2000 still can not recognize those switches, from the topology services it only display "CiscoProduct.324, ciscoProduct.325, etc". And the User Tracking can not pull MAC address information from those devices.

Did anyone have the idea why it happen and how to make it work?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

When you said you added device packages, I presume you meant Ciscoview device packages, which only update Ciscoview. To add device support to Campus Manager, you need to download Incremental Device Updates (IDUs) which are available for LMS 2.1. IDUS for Campus Manager, RME and CMF are available and will add device support for the 2950 and 3550s.

minie
Level 4
Level 4

Device packages are for CiscoView. Installing device package will not make Campus Manager support those devices. Here are the things you need to check.

- what version of Campus Manager? each version has its supported device list on CCO. 324 is 2950-24 and 325 is 2950c-24 according to CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB. They both are supported in CM3.2

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/sup_dev/cm_3_2.htm#76884

- is the latest IDU for your version of CM avaiable?

Ming

The version of Campus Manager the customer use is 3.1. I only found IDU for RME 3.3, no IDU for CM3.1. Is there a way to upgrade ver 3.1 to ver 3.2.

I downloaded the IDU for RME 3.3 and installed, the CM3.1 still can not recognize 2950 and 3550.

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

It depends on the version of Campus Manager that you're using. Do you know the version of Campus Manager that you have currently?