Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

why does the Sup2+ redundant function act only once?

I have a cat4507R with two sup2+. At first, it worked well. Then I powered off and removed the supervisor from slot1 to test the Sup redundant feature. it worked well with the second Sup in slot2. after that, I slided the first Sup back to slot1, removed the second Sup frome slot2 and powered on again. this time the switch didn't work. the LED labled STATUS stay off. I inserted the second Sup into slot2,it didn't work either. I wonder whether the Sup redundant feature can only act once or there is some method to recover it.

2 REPLIES

Re: why does the Sup2+ redundant function act only once?

The sup in slot 1 may have not powered up correctly. Best bet is to get a console onto the sup, capture the boot sequence, and look out for any error messages.

Re: why does the Sup2+ redundant function act only once?

Hello,robho. thanks for your response. you are right, two SUPs have not powered up correctly. No messages have been showed from console. Based on documents the LEDs labeled STATUS remaining off means the sup stays disable state. I have inserted SUPs severy times, but the problems remains still. Can I remove the battery on the SUP board to have a discharge so the factory configuration is recovered?

Views
Helpful
Replies