Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

why exactly, route reflector clients can't have ibgp connection with eachot

hi, I just all of a certain, couldn't think of the reason for my question as below.

the harder i try to remember or find out why route clinets can't have ibgp connection with each other(between the clients)...... can you give me a detailed explaination why? like what actually happens in the client routers along with reflector? like the client routers will discard if there's two route with same originator id or something? can't remember....... what a

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: why exactly, route reflector clients can't have ibgp connect

the routing update will never be forwarded to another IBGP peer by a RR client as iBGP is working.

(in fact it's what the RR workaround).

Community Member

hi, thanks for your reply but looks like there's some misunderstanding here. my question is not what route reflector does. i know what it does is to work around ibgp update rule(split horizon). my question is why can ibgp peers which are rr-clients at the same time can't have ibgp peering with each other without no bgp client to cilent reflect( if i remember the command correctly).

thanks for you reply in advance

Community Member

Hi

Did U manage to get an answer , if yes pls poste it as i am interesting to know the reason .

This case is indicated in "Internet Routing Architecture" book page 422 stating that in case

we have full iBGP meshing within a RR cluster it is recomended on the RR to turn off reflecting route

learned from a client to other client's (using no bgp client-to-client reflection) to avoid potential problems . Unfortunately the book did not descripe

what type of pblm and why .

Brgds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content