cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why lose so many packets in dial lines ?

li-he
Level 1
Level 1

hi:

I meet with a problem : A cisco 1721 router with wic-1am dial to cisco 3662 with E1/PRI port . When the dial complete, i ping the 3662's loopack address on router 1721 and i find only 90% packet succeed. when i use extend ping ,I change the defualt timeout (2 second) to 10 second ,no packet loss .

How can I analyse the problem ?If you have ever meet the same question ,Can you give me a suggestion for troubleshooting ? Thanks .

2 Replies 2

rjackson
Level 5
Level 5

Sounds like you already answered your question with the 10 second timeout. How long do the pings take that work? How far is the call? How big are the packets? How fast does it connect? It may be that the normal round trip is close to 2 seconds and some just dont make it. Gather that data and calc how long it should take for the packet to make the round trip. The biggest variable is the connect speed which can vary with each connection depending on the modem configuration.

li-he
Level 1
Level 1

I had fixed the problem .I changed another E1 card and it did work well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco