TTY1: Set DTR to 0

tty1: Modem: HANGUP->IDLE

------------------------------------------

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

One possible explanation for this behavior is that the modem autoconfiguation function that you have configured on the aux line doesn't detect correctly the modem you have and it reconfigures it incorrect.

You can try removing the command "modem autoconfigure discovery" from the aux line and configure the modem correctly using a terminal or doing a reverse telnet on it.

You should configure the modem using the appropriate modem commands to:

- set up hardware flow control

- lock dte speed

- hang up on DTR low

- CD reflects carrier state

For the majority of modems this is done by resetting it to factory defaults (AT&F).

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you are trying to get EXEC access to the router for remote management..

debug all will give all the debug messages which are not related to this issue.

From the debug above, only debug starting with TTY1 is related to the modem dilain on AUX port which is terminal line 1.

Now since debug shows "TTY1: DSR came up" that means two modems did get connected to eachother at physical layer. So do you see anything in the terminal window? Like a username/password prompt ? Hit ENTER and see if you get any prompt..Config looks fine.

Here is the url which explains how to Configuring a Modem on the AUX Port for EXEC Dialin Connectivity

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/mod-aux-exec.html

Make sure to have dip switch 3,8 down, rest all up, if you have USR modem on aux port.

At the time when two modems get connected,Only "connect 33600" and some strange letters each on the terminal window .Maybe speed mismatch.But On the terminal,I have tried diffrent speed,and no use to this issue.

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That means the connection is successful between two modems as "connect 33600" is exchanged. Now those garbage cahrs can be because of speed mismatch. so you can plug the modem to a PC and enter init strings for that modem.

You will find that on following page

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/76/9.html

After that plug the modem back to router and see if that helps.

I was wondering, if this issued ever got resolved. I have 2 routers being used for setting up either the aux port, or the console port for exec remote login. Just talking about the aux port, I have it set for 9600 and I set the modem for 9600. I connect at 9600 but all I seem to get is garbage also. The same happens on both a 2501 and a 2624. About a year ago, I had a modem connected to a console port but the fact that I can't get anything working now is making me go insane. Someone please help!