Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WIC-1T supported speeds

something weird happened to me.

i have 2 routers going trough a mux.

3660(wic)-----(db60)2509.

when i connected 2 routers this way the serial ptp would never come up.

(i have to point out that both routers are being used normally as DTE's)

i changed the 3662 for a another 2509 and the serial would come up no problem.

i changed wic's on the 3662 thinking i probably had a bad one. no change. finally i changed the clock rate the mux was delivering to the 3662 and everything started working. i started looking into things deeper and noticed somethign really funny:

that the serial would only come up with certain speeds configured on the mux, here's a few of them:

but, for example, it wouldn't come up with:

remember that if i changed the 3662 and used a plain old 2509 with a db60 interface any speed would work.

my question is:

is a wic card restricted to work only with 'certain' speeds provided by the dce equipment? and the db60 traditional cisco serial works with any speed provided by the mux?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: WIC-1T supported speeds

The WIC-1T should be able to take in any clock rate, and I don't see any bugs or HW issues that should prevent this. You may want to open a case with the TAC to pursue this further, after you have tried the latest code (although SW should not be a factor).

Views
Helpful
Replies