Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-2T connect E1 link

jackson.ku
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have one Cisco 2610 router with WIC-2T module. One of the serial port connect to T1 or E1 link is ok, but another serial port connect to T1 link is ok, connect to E1 link fail ( interface is up, line protocol is down, input error count very high ). Can you give me some advise to solve this problem?

Best Regards,

3 Replies 3

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

Sounds like you have a physical layer problem. I would be getting the service providor to check out the line.

Hi,

I use T1 link to connect both two ports on WIC-2T, it work fine. I connect E1 link to one of the serial port, it work fine, but I use same E1 link to connect another serial port, it fail. I use same configuration for both serial port on WIC-2T. The T1 & E1 link seems ok. How can I resolve this problem?

Best Regards,

ttuncaral
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check that port whether it is working while the other was not up?

I recommend you to stop working port and check if failing port is working alone or not. Also you must replace interface cable with the one that is known properly working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: