Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WIC 2T & WIC 1DSU TI Revision # not recognize by 2600

Does anyone aware that certain Rev # of these WICs are not being recognized by 2610 and 2621XM routers. I tried using several IOS features and even using the latest v12.2.12a, still does not being recognized by 2600 routers.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: WIC 2T & WIC 1DSU TI Revision # not recognize by 2600

I was scanning thru the notices like that but can't fine any which come close to "module being not recognized". So pl. let me know that

1)router can bootup fine with it?

2)Post a bootup console log if possible.

3)post a "sh diag" after bootup.

There may be a probelm with the hardware too..Try to replace it if you can.

Router bootup fine. The WICs does not appear on sh ver or sh diag or sh ip int brie. No abnormal error on bootup console either.

At this point, I would suggest, to contact TAC, and open a case, to either troubleshoot more, or RMA the unit. As Teja suggested, it could be a pproblem with the hardware unit.

New discovery:

I swapped the WIC 1DSU T1 with another WIC 1DSU with a different Revision, probably higher, and those routers know about the WIC now. Wondering if others encounter the same problem and your conclusion to this.

Still this could be a hardware issue with the WICs in question. Usually Cisco IOS software should be backwards compatible with the WIC revisions.

I forgot to mention that 3640 and 1605-R run IP only recognize the WIC in question.

I don't know if this is your problem or not, but I had a problem like it some time ago. I found that the WIC was not able to make physical contact properly with the router. The contact pins are very short and just didn't reach. I made a technical adjustment to the router chassis (I bent it). This allowed the WIC to plug in just slightly farther and make contact.

Views
Helpful
Replies