Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

WIN2K SP3

Hi

Windows 2000 server was recently upgraded to service pack 3. Since then I cannot log in to the box locally and if I do it takes alot of time. Interestingly and bizarrely it seems that I can log in via a remote browser better than I can do locally but it is still painfully slow. Unfortunately the uninstall files for SP3 were not installed so I cannot remove it. Any resolutions? I am using IE6 version 5.0.0.3805 of the java plugin.

Thanks

DQ

7 REPLIES

Re: WIN2K SP3

We are running RWAN on 2000 sp3, but it was a clean install on a box with sp3 already installed. No abnormal preformance issues have been noted.

Blue

CW2K currently does not support SP3

so does this mean that I have to reinstall CW? is there any easier option?

I am not sure about the reinstall. BTW I did ask TAC about sp3 and CW2K prior to installation on this box and was told that they had no problems with it but it was not listed as a supported sp.

thanks for the reply. so it seems that it is ok to do a clean install on SP3 but not to upgrade to SP3! maybe this is why it is not supported. I thought there might be an upgrade to CW to counter this problem. I am going to try a restore from a backup that was taken before SP3 was installed - hopefully this will work ;-)

CW2000 can run on windows 2000 with SP3, I have tested!

may be you need check others

thanks for the reply. so it seems that it is ok to do a clean install on SP3 but not to upgrade to SP3! maybe this is why it is not supported. I thought there might be an upgrade to CW to counter this problem. I am going to try a restore from a backup that was taken before SP3 was installed - hopefully this will work ;-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content