cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 2000 and 6509 w/MSFC

bcmchenry
Level 1
Level 1

I am just getting started with Cisco products in depth and have run into a wall with something. I currently have a 250+ user network, 2 subnets and a 6509 switch with MSFC module, fiber between buildings with 3500XL switchs on those ends. I have just set up Ghost Multicast Server on a Windows 2000 box and have successfully configured the 6509 to multicast between subnets and Vlans. I cannot, however, see my 2000 box in Windows from the other subnet. I enabled ip forward-protocol udp netbios-ss on the 6509 but didn't help any. I could use some suggestions. I am not up to par in windows 2000 networking, my main server is a Novell 5.1 for which I have tons of experience and certifications in. This is my first attempt at a 2000 box. Thanks...

Brandon

4 Replies 4

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

removed---

????? Why removed?

I removed it because, my update was irrelevant to your question. I re-read your question and had to remove my update. :)

cverheij
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know what you meen by "I cannot see my 2000 box in Windows", but if you can connect to your 2000 box from the other subnet by IP-addressing and you just don't see the box in your network environment it has perhabs something to do with WINS. Make sure the systems connect to the same WINS-server or insert static entries.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: