Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Windows Installation of 5th Edition CD One from typical to custom q?

During the 4th edition fresh install, it looks like *typical* installation was used and therefore all other LMS apps defaulted to and were installed on C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\etc.

I've recieved 5th edition bundle and would like to choose *custom* installation so I can choose another drive ie D: for all LMS apps to be installed in. The probelm is, during the install, I am not given the opportunity to select *typical or custom* (or even see) these install choices. Is there a workaround short of uninstalling 4th edition. I've already run the *installing the patch* portion of the upgrade and saved the database prior to realializing this anomally.

I don't remember being asked during 4th edition for these choices either but I may of overlooked. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep the data. Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Windows Installation of 5th Edition CD One from typical to c

DId you follow the section "Upgrading from CD One, 4th Edition—Local Upgrade" at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/5steditn/ig_win/instl.htm#xtocid14

Re: Windows Installation of 5th Edition CD One from typical to c

yes, thats it.. exactly the directions I was using. .. straight from the manual.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content