cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Installation of 5th Edition CD One from typical to custom q?

mdumond
Level 1
Level 1

During the 4th edition fresh install, it looks like *typical* installation was used and therefore all other LMS apps defaulted to and were installed on C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\etc.

I've recieved 5th edition bundle and would like to choose *custom* installation so I can choose another drive ie D: for all LMS apps to be installed in. The probelm is, during the install, I am not given the opportunity to select *typical or custom* (or even see) these install choices. Is there a workaround short of uninstalling 4th edition. I've already run the *installing the patch* portion of the upgrade and saved the database prior to realializing this anomally.

I don't remember being asked during 4th edition for these choices either but I may of overlooked. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep the data. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

DId you follow the section "Upgrading from CD One, 4th Edition—Local Upgrade" at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/5steditn/ig_win/instl.htm#xtocid14

yes, thats it.. exactly the directions I was using. .. straight from the manual.