Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Windows NLBS with Cisco switches.

We have configured NBLS on servers and for few it was working fine. After few days virtual ip address of NLBS server stopped pinging from different LAN segment but was reachable from local lan.

Now we have added a static arp entry of virtual ip on L3 switch and now it is reachable from ever segment. Need to know whether there is any onther solution for this and any white paper on cisco s compactablity with NLBS.

1 REPLY

Re: Windows NLBS with Cisco switches.

hi abhay...

as you explained after few time you are not able to communicate from the differnet LAN segment but its reachable form local lan...

if you describe your problem with the topology then it will be more easy to find out cause of the problem... here i am explain you some causes on the basis of the assumption...

so i think you are using VLAN with various subnets... so if you have multiple VLAN on the same switch then make sure you intervlan routing working properly or not... if you use router then for intervlan routing then make sure your trunking and intervlan routing configuration... and if you have large network of switch then check for the routing updates and all...

if you have any doubts then please let me know...and if possible then please attach tolopology and configuration.

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content