Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless ISP, 2620 and BGP

Hi,

I've a cisco2620 with a T1 modules connected with a primary ISP. I'm in process of getting another ISP, wireless ISP, to do BGP for multihoming. The wireless ISP connection comes in as a CAT5, there is no need for a csu/dsu. I've another 2620 which i would like to use with this ISP but it only has one fastethernet port and one T1 WIC. The solution given to me by ISP is to buy a 1port Ethernet WIC for 2620 and connect it with their connection and do BGP

on that while connecting the FastEthernet port on the LAN. Does this makes sense ? Has anyone tried such configuration before without a wireless ISP? the 2620 has 64 megs of ram and i plan to get defaults routes only. Any advise/insight will be appriciated.

TIA

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Wireless ISP, 2620 and BGP

Hi,

I have not tried running BGP with ethernet WIC as the advertising interface. But considering your scenario I feel you could request your wireless ISP to advertise your range of IP's to their ISP .Why I am saying this is b'cos wireless connectivity as you know is the extension of their LAN so if they could advertise your IP range based on a policy prescribed by you, you can very well control your incoming traffic. You should consider a policy based routing for this as you have another ISP connected and advertisements to both these should be in a way that balance the traffic.

Hope you undestand what I meant. All the best !!!

Rgds,

Homin

Views
Helpful
Replies