Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Wireless Subnet unable to connect to Internet

Hi,

Just installed a 1811 router and things are mostly ok. There is one problem that I am encountering. Im not sure if it is an issue for cisco or for the wireless equip provider.

The router is configured just the same as the old router. The only difference I can imagine between the 2 is that the cisco 1811 firewall is more sophisticated and may be causing packets from the wireless network to be dropped.

The Topology is:

Internet--\

Router External (x.x.x.138)

Router Internal (192.168.4.1)

|

Wireless Router External (192.168.4.5)

Wireless Router Internal(192.168.1.1)

|

Wireless client machine (192.168.1.x)

With the new cisco 1811 installed and a static route added for the 192.168.1.x subnet, I am not able to ping the internet from the wireless client machine.

What would be the best (least security lapse) way for me to test that the 1811 firewall is not blocking access for the wirelss clients?

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: Wireless Subnet unable to connect to Internet

Hello,

there can be several reasons not to get connectivity.

First thing I would check is: can wireless clients ping the 1811 or can the 1811 ping the wireless clients. Once you can exclude internal connectivity issues, have a look at your NAT configuration and access-lists/firewall statements.

Posting the relevant config of the 1811 would help to understand what is going on.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies